The Telegraph, Senior Homepage Producer (fixed-term contract)
2 days left
- Full Time
Role purpose and overview
As a Senior Homepage Producer, you'll ensure the Telegraph.co.uk (TCUK) and Telegraph app homepages present a compelling offer for our audience by selecting stories, writing headlines and choosing pictures that engage readers. You'll also be responsible for ensuring all content on the front page of Telegraph.co.uk meets the standards expected of a world class news website.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
Please note: this is a 6 month fixed-term contract position to cover a period of parental leave to start in August.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Select stories for the homepage of the website, in liaison with the Editor and/or Deputy Editor of TCUK. Promote them with the sharpest headlines and best use of images.
- Stand in for the Editor/Deputy Editor, TCUK when required.
- Work with the design team to produce brilliant, innovative illustrations for the homepage.
- Send lively and eye-catching notifications for breaking stories to the Telegraph app and other platforms that host our content.
- Act as a super-user for all digital tools available to Telegraph journalists and digital publishing in general. Help to train and educate junior members of the homepage team and others across the newsroom on all things digital, both formally and informally.
- Ensure that all content matches the Telegraph’s high quality of digital publishing.
- Monitor analytics and work with the SEO and Social Media team to help grow our audience, and to ensure it is engaged and referred appropriately.
- Experience with a respected website, national or regional newspaper or broadcaster - particularly within a breaking news environment.
- Sound news judgement.
- An understanding of the Telegraph audience and subscription model.
- Ability to write headlines with a variety of tones.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Expertise in digital publishing, with knowledge of SEO a prerequisite.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.