Newsweek, Sub Editor
Newsweek is seeking a Sub Editor to join our London team.
We’re looking for an experienced newsroom editor who can edit quickly and cleanly in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for editing high-quality content that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Editing multiple stories a day across various beats and topics
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Follow AP Style
- Ensuring the quality of the content is of the highest possible standard
- Candidates should have significant experience in an editing role
- Need to have experience editing stories related to U.S. News and politics
- Strong news judgment across a range of subjects
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Flexible with hours