Eliza, Beauty Editor
Eliza is an exciting new start-up publication that offers a fashion, beauty and lifestyle shopping companion for the mass market.
Eliza is aimed at women 25+ and will showcase the best new products on the high street, offer first-class fashion and beauty advice and inspiration, while informing our audience how to shop more sustainably.
We are looking for an experienced digital-first beauty editor to join our team as we build Eliza out across multiple platforms.
The candidate must have a true passion for the beauty industry, with the ability to create exceptional beauty content that is engaging and disruptive to an already busy market.
It is vital for the successful candidate to be able to write flawless copy and meet daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while overseeing the team, pitching ideas and commissioning photo and video shoots.
- Lead the beauty team and oversee all beauty and shopping content across the website, social channels and forthcoming brand extensions
- Create content that speaks to multiple audiences in a variety of formats
- To be up to date with all relevant launches, trends and industry news.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with relevant PRs, with the ability to secure regular exclusives
- Run the editorial calendar and manage editorial output within the team
- Meet audience growth, traffic and affiliate revenue KPIS as set by the editor/publisher
- Ensure all content is optimized for SEO
- Commission freelance writers and columnists
- Ensure all Eliza content is inclusive
- Demonstrable experience working within the beauty industry, and an extensive archive of content and relevant creative contacts
- Ability and willingness to be in front of camera, interviewing and presenting beauty video content
- Understanding of ecommerce, SEO and audience development strategies
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has the energy and passion to take our beauty content out to a mass market audience and bring it to life in multiple formats across our growing portfolio of platforms.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.