Little Dot Studios, Head of Press
ABOUT LITTLE DOT STUDIOS
Little Dot Studios is an award-winning digital content agency and media network. We specialise in creating meaningful connections between premium content and digital audiences. We exist to realise potential in every story.
Born for the digital entertainment era and made up of over 350 digital experts across UK, US, Europe and APAC, we partner with some of the world’s most recognised TV, sports and consumer brands, including Netflix, The FA, Viacom, BrewDog, Sony, Formula E, Channel 4, Farfetch and Red Bull, producing original and branded content for more than 600 digital channels globally and delivering 6 billion organic views per month.
We also run our own digital broadcast network of more than thirty channels across social platforms and OTT video on-demand services; licensing over 15,000 hours of hand-picked long-form content and watched by over 400 million viewers in 2020.
THE ROLE AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
We are recruiting for a Head of Press to join the Marketing Team in London.
Working directly into the Commercial Marketing Director, we are looking for a PR expert to help us grow our reputation, shout louder about our achievements, form stronger relationships with key industry publications and reach new audiences.
We need a visionary self-starter with strong organisation, strategic and creative skills and a passion for relationship building and proactively spotting opportunities to make our presence known, specifically in the digital, broadcast media and sports industries.
We are going through a huge transformational growth phase and are looking for the best talent to join us to help shape and build out our offer from a PR perspective.
- Develop and implement a broad B2B PR strategy for Little Dot Studios
- Develop and implement creative PR strategies for our Sports, Broadcast Entertainment and Digital Media Network business areas
- Identify and lead proactive PR announcements, events and related activities
- Develop key messaging, briefing notes and press materials for internal stakeholders
- Work closely with Marketing, C-Suite, Data & Insight teams and the different verticals within the business
- Create effective measurement and reporting tools
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected PR challenges
- Protect and promote the reputation of the business
- Develop and manage a small PR team
- Work closely with All3Media PR team and manage any external PR agencies and freelancers
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
Skills and experience matter, attitude is everything.
- Seasoned PR professional with an amazing contacts list and a proven track record of delivery on major communications and PR campaigns
- Sports Marketing PR experience is essential (either agency or in-house)
- Experience of working in a digital content environment – a strong understanding of social media/social video and branded content is essential
- Strong project management, communication, time management and organisational skills
- Strategic, creative go-getter who loves ‘doing’ as much as ‘thinking’
- First-rate news sense
- Motivated, results-driven self-starter who's both highly collaborative in nature and also has the ability to work independently
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of working with US press is a distinct advantage
WHAT MAKES LITTLE DOT STUDIOS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
TIME OUT - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
STAY HEALTHY - Company sick pay and Perkbox Medical (online GP consultations and prescription delivery)
WELLBEING COMES FIRST - employee assistance programme with free counselling and a team of mental health first aiders you can lean on
HAVE FUN - Perkbox Benefits: hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies. Friday afternoon socials with views over Shoreditch in our Truman Brewery office on Brick Lane
CELEBRATE - your birthday with brownies, courtesy of Little Dot Studios
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE - company pension
SUPPORTING YOUR FAMILY - enhanced family leave
BE SUSTAINABLE - purchase a bike through our cycle to work scheme with the Green Cycle Initiative
WORK FLEXIBLY - flexitime and opportunity for hybrid working (mix of remote and office-based)
THINK GLOBAL - we have offices in London, LA, Berlin, Munich and Singapore
WHAT MAKES LITTLE DOT STUDIOS TICK?
We have 6 core values that are the drivers to everything we do:
- We are superfans & radiate expertise - Expert knowledge informs all our thinking and we act as enthusiastic educators to our colleagues and clients. We know the content better than our clients and the platforms better than the platform-owners themselves. We live and breathe the content like superfans, and match people’s passions with their work.
- We embrace the extraordinary - We are a group of creatively diverse people working with diverse content, talent and genres. We are an eclectic mix of passionate people offering different voices, opinions and approaches. Everyone is welcome.
- We are collaborative partners - We are a client-first business and work collaboratively in true partnership with external brands, rights holders and platforms. We care about doing the best job for our partners, committed to always going the extra mile.
- We are curious experimenters - We believe in paving new ways and flexible thinking, we have the confidence to continually test and learn and ask questions. We create the environment for no fear of failure.
- We are a no-ego business - Being part of the Little Dot Studios family means individuals are empowered and ideas can come from anywhere. We are friendly, respectful and approachable. Always straight-talking and honest.
- Think (smart), live (well), laugh (often) - We believe the journey is just as important as the destination. We take our work seriously but enjoy ourselves along the way. We know how important quality of life is and through focusing on this we can make the work even better.
WANT TO JOIN US? HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please upload your PDF CV and cover letter by Thursday 5th August 2021.
We will aim to do 1st round interviews on Thursday 12th and Monday 16th August 2021. We will aim to do 2nd round interviews on Wednesday 18th August 2021. Please let us know if you are not able to make these dates for any reason.
As we are currently working virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our interviews and assessments will take place via video calls. Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments or whether you have any difficulties accessing video conferencing facilities.
All job roles are open to flex (part-time or flexible working patterns ) as we want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to access job opportunities at Little Dot Studios.
We are not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios that reflect our diverse digital audiences and communities we work and live in. We commit to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot Studios as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply. By applying for this role, you may be considered for other roles at Little Dot Studios.