Investment Week, News Editor
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
We are passionate about our people, products and customers and our values are at the heart of our business; they define us, and they are how we conduct ourselves both as a company and as individuals.
Our values are summed up as; integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust, good judgement, passion for our work, curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If these are aligned with your values, then keep reading.
Overview of the role
Investment Week is looking for a News Editor to oversee and manage the day-to-day running of the Investment Week website, as well as to work closely alongside the team’s Features Editor and Editor to plan the weekly magazine’s content.
Salary: Up to £38,000 (depending on years’ experience in the industry)
Type of employment: Permanent
Location: London, Covent Garden (two-to-three times per week)
The News Editor, who must have substantial experience in the industry, should have a keen interest in the financial services industry, a good nose for news, and the ability to prioritise tasks.
They will work closely with a young, dynamic team of journalists, both helping to guide more junior members of the team in terms of prioritising newsflow and editing copy, and setting the news agenda alongside the other editors.
Responsibilities will include chairing a news meeting each week, compiling and sending Investment Week’s news alerts, writing and editing copy, and representing the Investment Week brand at key industry events.
- Permission to work in the UK
- A good degree or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in the financial journalism industry
What we value
- Proven skills in a senior editorial role and a track record of writing exclusive news stories for a DFM/wealth manager audience
- Recognising breaking news and the drive to get it out ahead of our competitors while ensuring its quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a busy workload and prioritise tasks
- Ability to source exclusive news stories and help bring the skills of other journalists in the team to fruition
- Ability to make sure accuracy, house style, and quality of journalism is maintained
- A strong understanding of news journalism and being able to prioritise the importance of various news stories.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to, apply media law knowledge to written articles
- Make fast decisions about potential breaking news stories
- Attention to detail, particularly when editing others’ work and checking over own articles and multimedia content
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Remote working
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Voluntary Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted Gym rates
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, season ticket loans, buy holiday, and many more!