The Lead DevOps Engineer works with software developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release, and deployment of IBD's products quickly and reliably. The Lead DevOps Engineer will have a background in development, operations, and full-stack implementations. They will also have experience programming in a high-level language such as Python, Java, C# or C++ to script installation, configuration, and provisioning. They will be providing continuous delivery solutions in a local and AWS cloud environment and have experience with the core suite of tools for this purpose.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will utilize Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins or other CI tools. They will have experience in the use of configuration management automation tools such as Terraform in creating continuous delivery systems. They employ industry Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred. In addition, 5 or more years of experience in designing large and complex IT operations in a multi-product development environment is required. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for helping grow the DevOps team and mentoring and teaching existing team members with a goal of growing into the Manager of DevOps position. As such, the ideal candidate must have experience clearly explaining solutions to complex problems and demonstrate the ability to lead and impart knowledge effectively to other engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, secure, and fault tolerant systems on AWS for the development and test lifecycle of our products.
- Focus on building Dockerized application components by integrating with AWS EKS.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for code deployment of python microservices and server-based applications.
- Develop environment provisioning scripts with Terraform for configuration of our AWS environments.
- Implement auto-scaling of microservices for varying daily traffic demands.
- Participate in the migration of local data-center applications into AWS.
- Work with technical leadership to continually optimize cost/performance in AWS.
- Passion for solving challenging issues.
- Attend daily sprint standup meetings.
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve common goals and deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- 7+ years of experience implementing DevOps solutions.
- 3+ years of experience of implementing DevOps in AWS.
- Technical lead experience is required.
- Demonstrated competency with AWS services including but not limited to EKS, EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, ECR, Fargate, Lambda, API Gateway, ElasticCache, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS.
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional or AWS SysOps Administrator Associate, or AWS Developer Associate certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one programming language, Python preferred.
- Experience managing Gitlab CI, Jenkins or similar environments.
- Creating workflows for continuous service integration, testing, and deployment (CD/CD). This includes setting up automatic code pulls from Git, building the code, packaging it (into regular builds and/or containers). Deploying the builds into AWS and/or traditional virtual servers hosted in the company datacenter.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26144