Mirror Online, Assistant Showbiz Editor (FTC)
Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder on one of the UK's top showbiz websites?
Mirror Online is looking for an Assistant TV and Showbiz Editor to help our dynamic team grow.
You will be responsible for driving traffic across our TV and showbiz sections and leading a team of hungry and keen reporters and editors in ensuring the Mirror stays at the forefront of entertainment news.
You will have a major role in shaping and setting the agenda on issues read by millions of people around the world every day.
We are looking for an experienced, committed and versatile journalist who can lead by example, foster good relationships with colleagues and contacts and drive traffic to new heights.
This role will be predominantly home based with some flexibility to work in the office (Canary Wharf, London) This position is on an inital 10month FTC
What will the role involve?
- Take charge and lead coverage on major breaking stories both domestic and foreign
- Find and develop stories that will appeal to a UK and global web audience
- Break exclusives to ensure Mirror Online stays a step ahead of our rivals
- Sub-edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and attention grabbing
- Nurture and support more junior members of the team to get the best out of them
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- Work seamlessly with other departments to ensure the Mirror is at the forefront of showbiz
- Forward plan for key events
What are we looking for?
- At least 18 months' senior experience at a national or regional title
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player willing to dig in and support those around them on all departments
- A proven love of showbiz and a flair for finding the right lines and knowing what is an eye-catching headline
- Excellent web and social media skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
- Exceptional media law knowledge
- A flexible approach to work
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.