Investor's Business Daily (IBD) is a financial news and education company based in Los Angeles that strives to help people make more money. IBD is looking for a versatile Jr. Video Editor to join the Video & Partnerships team.
Jr. Video Editor
Los Angeles, CA (Currently working remotely.)
About the Role/Position:
The Jr. Video Editor will take part in all aspects of the video production process with an emphasis on editing, processing, and project coordination. If you enjoy the video creation process and possess a strong creative sensibility, this is the perfect place to learn more about finance literacy and create engaging educational content for others to learn.
- Create highlight videos and sizzle reels for our series
- Collect and organize b-roll for shows and interviews
- Process and publish videos and podcasts. Record live programming and edit cutdowns.
- Work with Video Editor to organize and manage footage on server
- Participate in planning and creation of content for all of our platforms, including social media
- Ability to multitask. The role requires overseeing multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously.
- Willingness to comprehend and retain knowledge of, at times, complex subject matter
- In-studio: assist with camera work, props and lighting before and during shoots. Help maintain, troubleshoot and operate. studio equipment (Covid-permitting)
- Coordinate logistics for both in-studio and field shoots (Covid-permitting)
- 5 years of editing/production experience preferred. Experience editing podcasts a plus.
- Desire for those who are savvy troubleshooting technical issues and with file organization
- Knowledge of video and audio file types and codecs
- Prefer experience with lighting green screens and in-studio shoots
- Education: prefer Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Potential for occasional travel to field shoots, conferences and trade shows
- Interest in investing, the stock market and/or financial/business news a plus
- Editing (including audio) software: Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere and After Effects), Adobe Audition and Pro-Tools
- Camera operation: Sony NXCam, OSMO stick-camera, DSLR cameras
- Livestreaming platforms and software: Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitter & Zoom. Experience with NewTek Tricaster a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26142