STYLIST, Digital Writer
Stylist.co.uk is looking for talented, data-driven journalist to join the editorial team on the news shift.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, Digital, the successful candidate will be a focused and enthusiastic writer with a nose for a great news story. Bursting with original ideas for both news and features, the digital writer will take an active interest in everything from politics and feminism to fashion and entertainment, and have demonstrable experience working in a busy publishing environment.
The digital writer must be well-versed in digital best practice relating to SEO and making data-driven content decisions, in addition to being familiar with online content management using a CMS.
- To create 4 engaging stories per shift, using the Stylist tone and data insights to grow our digital audience.
- To maintain Stylist’s competitive advantage in publishing the most relevant breaking stories to our readers first thing in the morning
- To generate unique, exciting and exclusive news and feature ideas, and seeing them through from pitch to publication
- Apply thorough SEO knowledge to all content published, and to monitor everything to get the widest reach possible
- Monitor your work post-publication, and to strive to hit personal and website-wide KPI targets.
- To use forward planning tools to maintain awareness of all upcoming events which may be suitable for the website, and plan original, seasonal and trend-led features accordingly
- Monitoring social media to further understand the needs of our audience
- Maintaining great relationships with key contacts, experts and PRs to ensure continued access to exclusive opportunities
It is worth noting that, due to the nature of working online, the hours of this full-time position will be 6am – 2.30pm Tuesdays to Saturdays each week. Out-of-hours availability and a high-level of flexibility are essential.
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to the Deputy Editor, Digital.
Deadline is 6pm, Monday 26 July 2021
Please note: we thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No agencies please.