Our market leading healthcare titles for GPs, community nurses and pharmacists are looking for a skilled Clinical Editor.
We are looking for an experienced journalist to join our editorial team as Clinical Editor, working with the team to create and commission outstanding content for our market-leading print and digital healthcare publications: Pulse, Nursing in Practice, The Pharmacist, Pulse Learning and Nursing in Practice Learning.
The job is an exciting opportunity to help shape our clinical content and work as part of a busy, award-winning team.
The successful candidate will have a science background and qualifications in journalism or science communication.
They will have current knowledge of the UK healthcare system, with plenty of clinicians in their contact book. They will have proven experience of delivering quality clinical content, with great organisational skills working in a busy environment, and work well collaboratively as part of a team.
They will be responsible for working with editors in commissioning and preparing clinical articles for educational websites, as well as producing some clinical content for the publications’ news websites when necessary.
They will work within a wider team of health journalists, as well as within the wider company.
- Working with editors to source and tailor clinical content for Cogora’s different audiences.
- Organising clinical content across all of Cogora’s media brands, including: recognising key current topics; briefing and liaison with authors; finding new authors; quality checking content; overseeing the review process.
- Day-to-day coordination of Pulse Learning and Nursing in Practice Learning, and the clinical sections of Cogora’s other titles.
- Working with editors of all the brands and Cogora’s clinical adviser to commission specialist authors.
- Editing any clinical pieces received.
- Central involvement in the planning of clinical content across Cogora’s brands.
Cogora sits at the heart of a highly engaged community of 220,000 healthcare professionals. For over 25 years we have produced incisive and inspirational content through our market-leading and award-winning portfolio of media brands. These, in turn, provide the data and insight that give us a deep understanding of what our audiences think, what they do and what they really need.
Competitive benefits include 25 days annual leave, option to purchase additional leave, loyalty award, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, flexible working and enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 9th August 2021 at 9am, but we are looking to commence interviews as soon as possible, so please click 'APPLY NOW' to send your CV and covering letter.