Horticulture Week, Senior Business Reporter
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Haymarket Business Media’s award-winning B2B brand Horticulture Week is the leading provider of high-value business information for the £25bn UK horticulture and landscaping industries.
We are now looking for a senior business reporter to lead our coverage of the commercial landscape market – from reporting on major landscape-led regeneration projects such as London’s Kings Cross redevelopment - to researching and creating high value data reports such as our Top 100 Landscape Contractors ranking.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Tracking and reporting on the major landscape construction and management projects in the UK
- Researching and writing weekly analyses on key developments affecting the landscape market, major landscape projects and leading landscape businesses
- Developing excellent contacts with leading landscape designers, contractors and suppliers in order to report on their projects.
- Reporting on major tenders and other business opportunities for our professional landscape audience
- Delivering our exclusive Top 100 Landscape Contractors research report and related products
- Maintaining a strong focus on internal HBM analytics to understand which content is most highly valued by our audience
- You will need to be numerate and confident with data – and have the necessary skills to take full responsibility for the successful delivery of research and editorial projects to the high quality that our audience expects.
- Deadlines are everything in our business so you’ll need to be an expert at time management - and able to thrive under pressure.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of writing for a professional or business audience
- A recognised journalistic qualification or equivalent experience
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!