Lexology, ILO Editor
Law Business Research is an award-winning global provider of legal content and business intelligence. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal issues at the heart of our business.
Law Business Research is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We are looking for an Editor to join ILO, part of the Lexology platform, which offers a series of legal newsletters that provide expert legal commentary in the form of concise, regular news updates.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team and drive forward the product strategy for an established title that sits within the larger Lexology suite of content.
The Editor leads a team of content editors who provide law firm contributors with an enhanced level of content support across the content marketing lifecycle to optimise marketing efforts and support client development activities.
Working as part of a team based in London, the Editor will collaborate with other content teams to strengthen the quality of Lexology content overall and work with the Editor in Chief to develop the ILO proposition and shape and lead initiatives to improve the product.
We are looking for an ambitious, accomplished and highly motivated individual with a demonstrable awareness of, and interest in, global legal developments who is ready for the next stage in their career. The successful candidate will have the commercial awareness required to understand how business propositions fit together, how we position ourselves to clients and therefore what they find valuable.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of product development
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Commercial awareness
- More than three years’ experience in relevant roles
- Team-oriented and collaborative outlook
- Leadership and inspirational qualities
- Current awareness skills and a proven ability to anticipate trends
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to write accurate, insightful content, to deadline
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Proactive in trouble-shooting and solving problems
- Legal knowledge or experience is desirable
- Line managing experience is desirable
- Minimum of a 2:1
What you would be doing:
- Line managing the ILO content team, including overseeing their workloads, planning the team’s development, assessing training needs and all line management responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining the ILO content set, ensuring that it is responsive to clients, subscribers and sales.
- Overseeing content ideation services to ensure that the team offers content creation support to contributors as needed.
- Overseeing the editorial services, ensuring content is edited to a level that meets the needs of both ILO clients and the platform.
- Liaising with the copy-editing team to ensure content is published to deadline and standard.
- Working with stakeholders around the business, including sales, marketing and tech, to ensure the delivery of excellent service to ILO clients.
- With the support of the Editor in Chief, shaping and leading initiatives to improve product proposition
- Supporting discussions on commercial strategy
- Collaborating with peers on Lexology content team to drive content strategy
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Gym membership
- Life Assurance
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role via the APPLY button. We look forward to receiving your application.