The Sun Online, Digital Travel Ecommerce Reporter (Casual Shifts)
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Role: Digital Travel Ecommerce Reporter (Casual Shifts)
A travel ecomm journalist is needed for The Sun Online Travel desk, working on travel news and features stories for ecommerce purposes.
Applications are welcome from travel, ecomm writers or news reporters who want to specialise and have a passion for travel.
This will be an office-based job (although the team are currently splitting time between wfm and the office) but there will be opportunities to do travel reviews.
This role will be initially for six months, full-time, on a casual shifts basis.
- Knowledge of the travel industry is desirable
- Proven ability to cover news stories and write engaging features.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- Have a strong contact book and understand the Sun Online audience
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and web publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.