Express.co.uk, Health Reporter
It is a really exciting time to join the Reach PLC family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Health Reporter to join the expanding Express.co.uk team.
The Health Reporter will be responsible for ensuring content is engaging, informative and reaches as wide an audience as possible. As well as writing about a wide range of health topics, the role will involve reporting on live TV - covering health segments on programmes, such as Good Morning Britain and This Morning, and what experts have to say.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application. To apply now send your CV, covering letter and availability to email@example.com
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Produce high quality content for the Health department
- Understand and apply knowledge of SEO to maximise article success on search
- Interview key industry experts to produce market leading exclusives on a weekly basis
- Work with the Editor to explore new content opportunities which will maximise the success of the department
- Collaborate with the Social team to ensure all content produced is effectively shared on all relevant social channels to maximise page views and shares
- Knowledge and application of UK media law
- Previous experience writing for a website or digital product
- A demonstrable passion for health - topics ranging from diabetes to ingrown toenails - and most importantly, coronavirus. The Express.co.uk Health section has played an integral role in offering vital information throughout the pandemic.
- Proven knowledge and application of SEO to boost traffic
- Use of Google Analytics
- Ability to work under pressure and show initiative
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.