TATLER, Deputy Art Director
Purpose of the role
Tatler is looking for a talented and highly motivated, cross-platform Deputy Art Director to deliver high-quality creative work. The successful candidate must be articulate, self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects independently.
They will be a dynamic designer with several years of consumer magazine and editorial experience at a senior level. Supporting the Creative Director, they will be a central part of the art team.
The Deputy Art Director is responsible for everything from concept and commissioning to day-to-day page design. They work closely with the Creative Director, Picture Editor, senior editors and sub-editors to ensure that the highest level of creative output is achieved and deadlines are met.
A thorough knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is essential.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Creative Director in all design and art-desk duties, from page design, checking proofs and liaising with the production department to ensuring that schedules are adhered to and deadlines are met
- Work closely with the features department to create innovative concepts for front-of-book pages, as well as other sections throughout the magazine
- Prepare pages for production and clearing for print
- Deputise for the Creative Director in their absence
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience working on a leading magazine as an innovative, hands-on designer at a senior level
- A portfolio that is full of creative ideas, beautifully executed projects and strong art direction
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, photography and typography, as well as a passion for the industry
- An established network of connections with top-end photographers, stylists and illustrators
- Extremely well organised and able to manage multiple features across different issues simultaneously
Click 'APPLY' now.