Stylist.co.uk, Senior Beauty Writer (full time contract)
Are you a beauty obsessive? Do you constantly scour beauty magazines, blogs, Instagram and Reddit threads in pursuit of pinpointing new trends and discovering new products? Are you proficient in digital editorial best practice and a dab hand at SEO? If so, this could be the dream role for you.
Stylist.co.uk is looking for a brilliant Senior Beauty Writer to join its multi-award-winning editorial team. The perfect candidate will have an encyclopaedic knowledge of beauty trends, a finger on the current beauty zeitgeist, strong PR and beauty expert contacts and endless ideas about how to connect with women – across digital, video and social media.
This role requires a driven journalist with demonstrable relevant experience working in a busy publishing environment who is extremely well-versed in digital best practice relating to keywords, SEO and user experience, in addition to being familiar with online content management using a CMS.
- To create 2 engaging beauty stories per-day as well as strategically refreshing existing content, using the Stylist tone to grow our digital audience and expand our beauty section of the website.
- To have a thorough understanding of the Stylist writing style and tone, and what makes our digital readers tick.
- To generate unique, exclusive and exciting takes on existing or emerging beauty topics, seeing them through from pitch to publication.
- To act as a resident beauty expert, appearing on social content and lending expertise to Stylist’s email output.
- To apply SEO knowledge and experience with traffic monitoring to all posts published.
- To monitor your work post-publication and strive to hit ambitious digital targets.
- To use forward planning tools and insights to ensure Stylist content remains ahead of beauty trends, seasonal events and cultural moments.
- To maintain great relationships with beauty PRs, contacts and experts, acting as a representative of the Stylist brand at all times.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to the beauty director, Shannon Peter along with the following task:
- Pitch two beauty feature ideas (on two different topics) that could run in the first week of September. Include a headline suggestion, summary of the feature’s content and why this particular topic is timely and relevant to the reader right now.
Deadline: 18 August 2021, 6pm.
Please note: we thank you in advance for all applications. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.