PA Media Group, Senior Entertainment Reporter
PA Media Group are looking for a Senior Journalist who loves Entertainment to be a part of our exciting team.
As a senior reporter, you will have well-established contacts in the industry, as well as experience working across both print and digital outputs. This is a fast-paced role, working on a lot of varied material and as such, you will be comfortable leading big stories that set the news agenda.
What you’ll be doing …
- Working across PA’s Entertainment services including the wire and digital services and working with the Entertainment team to gather and produce news for print and online.
- You will conduct interviews and create original content for all relevant services and will also attend and cover events, when it is safe to do so again.
What you’ll need …
- You will need experience working in a breaking news environment and should be able to turn around accurate, concise copy in the PA style
- You will be comfortable writing across all areas of Entertainment, including Arts and Media, and be able to grasp and accurately cover topics including Government committee’s and other complex issues that pertain to Entertainment.
- You will be comfortable turning your hand to the lighter side of Entertainment and reporting on everything from reality TV to the latest TikTok star
- You will need to be abreast of all the latest news, be able to write in different styles and tones of voice, for a range of audiences and platforms.
Do you have …?
- A presence on social media and an understanding of how it influences the Entertainment industry?
- Excellent journalism skills and the ability to connect widely with different audiences, while managing a busy workload?
- An NCTJ-approved qualification and reliable shorthand?
You will be required to work shifts, including weekends and evenings.
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry working with some of the biggest names in media.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.
To find out more about working with us, search #151Reasons on LinkedIn or check out our Life page, https://www.linkedin.com/company/-pa-media/life/29e089f6-5d8e-42d6-b83d-f4d8a53a8677/?viewAsMember=true.