HSJ, Correspondent / Journalist
Why do we want you?
Are you an experienced Journalist, Reporter or Correspondent who would like to work for one of the most respected titles on public services and public policy?
Do you have exceptional analytical thinking ability with a strong news sense, excellent writing style, and the ability to understand complex issues?
This Journalist / Correspondent role will suit you if you have substantial experience in journalism - ideally, covering health for a respected regional, national or specialist title/website.
That said, we will consider you if you have expertise and background in research and analysis - particularly in the sphere of health policy, performance and operation and you can show us your outstanding potential to make an impact at HSJ.
Reporting qualifications, such as good shorthand and NCTJ certificates, are a plus but not essential.
HSJ (Part of Wilmington Healthcare) is one of the most respected titles on public services and public policy and we are looking for a Journalist / Correspondents to be part of our award winning and fast-growing team.
Here at HSJ we provide a deep understanding of the NHS through a wide range of services and solutions - news, analysis, insight, data, live networking events and our unique best practice database.
Have you got what it takes to deliver exclusives and investigations that set the agenda and beat the nationals on one of the most high-profile areas of UK public policy?
Main Purpose of Role
Your responsibilities will include contributing to our nationally leading news coverage of health policy, performance, care standards and safety, finance, technology and service transformation. You will contribute to HSJ Intelligence, our award-winning service that provides detailed insight into the challenges facing NHS organisations at a local level, and to HSJ's events.
Duties of the role:
- Sourcing and writing exclusive news stories
- Building relationships with very senior people, to establish a wide array of contacts across the health service
- Building deep expertise in one or more areas of health policy, performance and operation, and how these affect the NHS’s relationships with those who work with it, as well as patients who rely on it
- Communicating your expert knowledge as a public speaker and on video, as well as in your writing
- Being able to analyse the biggest issues and challenges facing the health service and individual organisations
- Ability to think analytically to make judgements about complex issues such as health policy, management and performance, and about individual organisations
- Informing your work with data.
- Understanding complex reports and structures
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant experience within a journalism role or similar
- The ability to communicate your expert knowledge through public speaking and video, as well as in your writing
- Be experienced in routinely using data to inform your analysis and illustrate your work; including use of financial information
- Have the ability to think analytically and to make judgements about complex issues of health policy, management and performance
- Understand complex NHS reports and structures
- Reporting qualifications, such as good shorthand and NCTJ certificates, are a plus but not essential.
As a portfolio Company, we are all different at Wilmington. We understand the power of bringing difference together and we celebrate the innovation and creativity it brings through diverse experience, knowledge, and perspectives.
Click APPLY now