Sunday Mirror & Sunday People, News Reporter (Maternity Cover)
The Mirror's Sunday titles have been breaking exclusive stories for more than a century. We have won awards and acclaim for shocking political scoops, our passionate campaigning, and showbusiness coverage which uncovers the secrets of the stars.
We are looking for a reporter who shares our commitment to excellence and is determined to consistently break stories which will set our papers apart from our rivals.
This position will be a maternity cover position and will be remote working from home.
What will the role involve?
Reporting to the newsdesk you will identify, develop and write stories for the Sunday Mirror and People. You will have an unstinting commitment to ensuring your byline appears on exclusives which set the news agenda.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience reporting for a national title, or at a regional title at senior level
- A proven track record of breaking national exclusives
- Bags of ideas to generate off-diary stories through curiosity, your contacts book and determined pursuit
- A desire to secure exclusives with people at the heart of the biggest news stories in the UK and the world
- A flexible approach to work and travel - reacting to stories whenever and wherever they happen
- The initiative to bring fresh insight into the issues of the week - and to look for agenda-setting issues on the horizon which we need to bring to our readers attention
- A versatile approach to reporting - with interest in all areas of news journalism - from health to human interest, crime to home affairs - and an interest in showbiz and politics
- The reporter also must fully comply with IPSO guidelines and the editor's code of practice
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.