We are seeking an experienced graphics design professional to visually bring to life our corporate communications initiatives externally, internally and across social. You will become an indispensable member of a dynamic, global communications team that is driven to amplify the vision of Dow Jones to be the world's most-impactful business and financial news and information company. This team is evolving into a content marketing arm for Dow Jones and this role will help create sophisticated, engaging graphics to support this aim. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional groups, and has a passion for identifying and solving creative challenges in ingenious and innovative ways.
To be successful in this role, you should be highly-skilled in graphic design, styles and layout techniques and be able to produce a full range of visual assets across a range of communications deliverables such as, but not limited to:
- Press releases
- Social cards for various social media platforms
- Intranet graphics
- Display visuals for in-office kiosks
- C-Suite level presentations
- Newsletter templates
- Set design for internal employee events
- Other print and digital collateral, as needed.
Your visual storytelling will complement and support written communications in exciting and innovative ways, while adhering to established brand guidelines.
- BA in Graphic Design or related field or four-year accredited program in Graphic Design.
- 8-10 years of experience in graphic design with a strong design portfolio.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, GSuite and other graphic design programs.
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility.
- Ability to present design concepts to colleagues and articulate a clear creative vision.
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and minor supervision.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: COMMUNICATIONS
Job Category: Marketing Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26536