We have a part-time, home-worker opportunity for an experienced writer on our commercial features team in who will be able to write and produce inspiring content to light up our newspaper pages and websites across London and Herts & Cambs.
This busy team write on a broad range of topics that may include motoring, education, care homes and food and drink. The content is mostly client-led and paid for, so you will need to have excellent commercial acumen and client-facing communication skills.
The projects and topics you produce often need a quick reactive turnaround, so you will need to enjoy working in a pressurised deadline-focussed environment.
Our ideal candidate will also be someone who can generate new ideas, work well with our own advertising commercial teams and yet be assertive and tenacious enough to achieve interesting content that our readers will enjoy.
To create stories for our clients, you will need to have good interviewing skills and be able to draw out interesting facts. This will mainly be over the phone, occasionally face to face so we are also looking for a candidate that has great customer service communication skills.
This is a part time opportunity offering 2 days a week (15 hours) and is a role where you can work from home full time or have a balance of working from home and or spending time in our nearest office if desired.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing skills/experience
- Good commercial awareness
- Some digital / SEO knowledge
- Ability to produce new ideas
- Client-facing experience
- Great team working skills
- Ability to drive to meet clients
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary up to £22k (pro rata for part time)
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
- Full 25 days paid holiday+ statutory bank holidays pro rata for part time
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer work day
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and covering letter.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.