At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our new Commissioning Editor, Homes Hub (House Beautiful) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Country Living, House Beautiful, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Good Housekeeping. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Commissioning Editor has overall responsibility for planning and producing all features for the homes hub, with special responsibility for House Beautiful. Working closely with and reporting into the Executive Editor, House Beautiful, this role involves generating original content that can be used across channels wherever possible, as well as repurposing existing editorial from the Hearst network and archives.
- Generate and curate original and innovative ideas for House Beautiful features and pitch them to the Editor in Chief, Executive Editor and Digital Editor – ensuring, as much as possible, that all ideas should be 360, planned for multi-channel publishing and repurposing
- Under the direction of the Executive Editor, commission, edit and write features from concept to final sign-off
- Take responsibility for managing all features schedules and budgets, working closely with the Group Managing Editor
- Develop a network of writers and high-profile experts
- Working with the Executive Editor and Group Style Director, take responsibility for developing the future strategy of multi-channel content, ensuring that it reflects the latest market trends
- Maximise all opportunities for sourcing low-cost content including book extracts, and features from the Hearst archives
- Support brand extensions to ensure all commercial objectives are met
- Be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values
- You may also be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time
We’re looking for a commissioning editor with a strong editorial and features background, with a minimum of five years of experience. Someone who is capable of commissioning, editing and writing strong, well-organised multi-channel features and working effectively as part of a small team. You’ll obviously have a proven interest in and passion for homes and how we live now with a keen eye on developments in this area.
We’re looking for an ideas generator and a words whizz – someone who is passionate about commissioning, editing and writing and taking copy from a variety of sources and adding a liberal sprinkle of polish and sparkle. We’re a very small team, so we’re looking for someone who is highly collaborative and has a can-do attitude and is able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application