MarketWatch is looking for a producer/editor to join its video team to produce highly engaging and shareable videos about finance and markets for YouTube. Videos will range from interviews and explainers to on-location features. You should excel at generating ideas, scripting videos, editing and graphics in order to create compelling videos from concept to delivery. You should have experience working with and developing on-air talent as well as directing and recording subjects via remote set-ups.
The producer/editor is responsible for producing, editing and sometimes shooting informative and topical hosted markets and finance-focused videos. Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in creating videos in a native YouTube style, demonstrate exceptional producing and editing skills, have experience creating graphics, managing studio and field shoots and developing talent.
This is a full-time role that will begin remotely and transition into our New York office.
- Produce, edit for a variety of video formats
- Pitch, research, develop and write videos
- Produce and develop on-camera talent
- Create and develop multiple video formats
- Create graphics for videos
- Help ideate stories and see through to completion, project managing all aspects of the production
- Shoot on occasion in studio and field interviews
- Implement best practices of a digital production process including thumbnails, headlines, metadata, etc. in service of growing views
- Based on metrics, hone creative to grow more views on YouTube.
- Implement YouTube platform best practices
- Work closely with newsroom and video stakeholders
- Demonstrate great editorial and news judgment
- Ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
- Create social "cut downs" for other video platforms (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- 3-5 years experience producing, editing and creating graphics for video
- Demonstrated experience producing YouTube first video content
- Ability to produce and edit both on location videos and in-studio interviews
- Professional competency editing with Adobe Premiere and creating professional graphics utilizing After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS7, A7S and remote filming on zoom, skype etc.
- Interest and understanding of business news and finance topics
- Self starter who is nimble, innovative and versatile
- Clear communication, written and collaboration skills
- Experience consuming and creating content on YouTube
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26655