Senior Markets Writer in Los Angeles, California
Investor’s Business Daily seeks a Senior Markets Writer to lead our expanding coverage of options trading strategies for an audience of self-directed investors. Our goal is to help IBD customers make more money in the stock market through content that explains the market’s mechanics and sound investing methods, analyzes the latest market action and provides timely trading ideas. The position will be located at IBD’s Los Angeles headquarters, although a remote location could be considered.
Position Title: Senior Markets Writer (Options)
Position Location: Los Angeles or remote
About the Role/Position:
This position requires deep knowledge of stock options, strong writing and editing skills, and the ability to quickly write sharp and well-optimized daily stories while juggling other assignments. Content will appear on the Investors.com website, IBD apps/premium products and possibly appear in the IBD Weekly newspaper as well. This senior writing position will include some editing of other writers’ market articles, primarily on options, as well as a role in the further development of IBD’s options coverage.
- Accurately report and write engaging and well-sourced articles that benefit investors, leveraging IBD’s proprietary stock market research and CAN SLIM investing method as appropriate. Articles will include market analysis, investing education and trading ideas.
- Keep up to date on news and trends related to assigned coverage area, including the general market, IBD indexes and IBD stock performance lists.
- Develop strong SEO for your content. SEO includes web headlines, SEO page titles, URLs, meta descriptions and keywords, as well as hyperlinks inserted in the body of articles.
- Use databases, stock charts and financial statements when appropriate to gather information for articles and related content, such as graphics to accompany stories. IBD stock research services are crucial tools to master and use daily to guide reporting.
- Assist supervisor as needed in editing other writers’ articles, writing headlines or performing other editing tasks.
- Participate in social media to promote your IBD content, cultivate relationships with sources or others interested in the topics that you cover, and help develop IBD’s web audience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or relevant experience.
- Five years or more of relevant experience writing about and/or trading options.
- Deep knowledge of options and stocks, from basic fundamentals to advanced trading strategies.
- Relevant journalism experience, or journalism training, such as through a degree program.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.