Role purpose and overview
As the Executive Video Producer, you'll direct daily news content from the video news team, managing the team of Producers. You'll be responsible for ensuring that we reflect a clear Telegraph identity across all our video content.
We are proud to have won Video Team of the Year at The Drum Awards for Online Media 2021. In addition to this, we have recently reached a huge 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- To work with news desks to set the agenda for our news video production on a day-to-day basis.
- To line manage the Senior Producer and Producers.
- To manage the commissioning process and work closely with producers to oversee all edits and quality check work.
- To attend the main editorial conferences and planning meetings, representing the department and showcasing the best video content to the wider newsroom.
- To be the main point of contact for junior members of the team regarding the treatment of stories, legal questions and training.
- Work closely with the Social team to generate content that will work across platforms.
- Edit content when required
- Monitor agency feeds
- Admin responsibilities - including rotas, managing freelancers, dealing with agencies
- Excellent news judgement and a proven ability to make key editorial decisions. (Essential)
- Full knowledge of media law (Essential)
- Significant experience in a major newsroom organisation in a digital, TV or audio environment. (Essential)
- Experience creating digital content for social platforms. (Desirable)
- Experience managing teams. (Essential)
- Video editing skills for digital output. (Adobe Premiere and After Effects preferred)
- Being able to work to tight deadlines and turnarounds. (Essential)
- Budget tracking. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of YouTube (Desirable)
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.