Are you an experienced and commercially-minded team leader looking for your next challenge to launch a global editorial brand?
A rare opportunity has arisen within the Haymarket Business Media (HBM) division for an exceptional Editor. Reporting to the Business Director, you will be the day-to-day leader of the Performance Marketing World (PMW) global editorial brand, across online, live events and awards.
Who are we?
Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our working culture
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and they influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
The role: Editor, Performance Marketing World
The successful candidate will be the day-to-day leader of the PMW global editorial brand, across online, live events and awards. You will lead the editorial team to ensure that they deliver content in all formats, which meets the agreed editorial strategy.
You will work with the Business Director to drive audience development and engagement and to demonstrate excellent leadership and editorial decision-making at all times. To develop a coherent content strategy that meets the brand’s business needs and to be the lead in ensuring this is adhered to.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- As this is a Global launch, you will work collaboratively with the Business Director and wider Marketing teams to develop a short and long term global audience growth strategy.
- Lead an editorial team that produces content for the brand in a range of formats, including digital, social and live.
- Conceive of, develop, and produce new, rich, innovative story ideas and concepts for a variety of media platforms that help extend the brand’s reach and engagement.
- Oversee the development of the brand, alongside the Business Director, to ensure all editorial products, and commercial products, are market beating.
- Chair or moderate any PMW conference sessions or events as required to the best of your ability as required by the brand.
- Manage the Global content strategy and ensure that the editorial team’s output is adhering to core editorial values and key value propositions.
- Extend the reach of the brand into new key audiences groups as and when required.
- Significant experience in leading a successful editorial and publication programme for a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues in commercial, marketing and communications roles.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of financial resources, budgetary planning, and prioritisation of projects, editorial production and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply discretion and judgment in evaluating implications of publication and information release to internal and external audiences.
- A proven ability in meeting deadlines and working calmly under pressure.
- Strong leader and hands-on staff manager.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!