WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media Co is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to a team of over 1,300 people with our key titles including BBC Good Food, Radio Times, Gardeners’ World and a large Cycling and Craft portfolio amongst others.
In Bristol, through IM Specialist, we also have a market leading large Special Interest/leisure portfolio including BBC Countryfile, our Home Interest Portfolio, BBC Music, Science Focus and Gardens Illustrated. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK from our location in central Bristol, Eagle House. As Immediate Media Co and IM Specialist we engage over 19 million passionate consumers each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
We are also keen to promote equality and diversity with all of our roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance. Therefore, we are happy to discuss flexible working options for this role.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Audience Development Manager to work in close partnership with a range of Digital Editors across IM Specialist. Reporting to the Managing Director this role will help us to increase our audiences and add SEO expertise and best practise across our brands. For us, success in this role will involve:
- Accelerating audience acquisition to our brands in our key sectors; Homes and Interiors, Craft, Nature and Countryside, gardening, cycling, triathlon, classical music
- Adding SEO expertise as part of our brand development teams and demonstrating leadership in how to acquire new audiences from search.
- Creating a best practice approach to content publishing which helps maximise our performance in search across all our brands.
- Working with content teams, content clients and brand stakeholders to identify content opportunities, and equipping editors and journalists with the skills and insights to plan and write content which is better optimised for search.
- Building and sharing audience development resources and tools to support our brands in improving their performance.
As our Audience Development Manager your role will focus on constantly delivering best practice to make audience development a competitive advantage for IM Specialist, including:
- Reporting, benchmarking and monitoring
- Helping editorial and audience development resource within brands to interpret and act upon the data at their disposal on search performance, audience acquisition and engagement. Monitoring competitor activity to identify opportunities and threats to our brands.
- Developing robust and successful content strategies
- Working with editorial to formulate and execute content strategies using this data, from optimising and refreshing existing content, longer range content planning around new and existing opportunities, or identifying and capitalising on short term opportunities
- Driving innovation and thought leadership in our approach
- Ensuring that our audience development community is aware of the latest developments in the search landscape, and helping to formulate our response to those which affect us.
- Developing and delivering content SEO training and development.
- Adhoc project support. (e.g. migrations)
- Development of teams
- Contributing to the development of Fabric, our web platform, with workflow functionality to improve SEO performance or editorial capability.
- Management of SEO Executive
There will be some key relationships for this role across IM Specialist, including Managing Directors, Leadership and Support teams, Digital Editors and Brand Editorial Content teams.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
We're looking for someone who has:
- A natural curiosity and enthusiasm for audience development and SEO practices, particularly in relation to media businesses.
- A track record of success in delivering traffic growth to digital content platforms with robust and deliverable content strategy.
- Expert-Level analytical capabilities, with deep working knowledge of a variety of SEO and audience analytics tools including Google Analytics and AHRefs.
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured; we’ll treat your information confidentially.