For more than 100 years, Condé Nast has been synonymous with engaging, visually arresting and innovative publishing. Today, the world’s leading privately-owned multimedia company continues to create the finest magazine brands in the world, and leads the way in producing outstanding digital content across multiple platforms. Our brands include Vogue, GQ, Glamour, The World of Interiors, House & Garden, Condé Nast Traveller, Tatler, Wired, Vanity Fair and Condé Nast Johansens.
To work at Condé Nast is to be part of a renowned, influential and fast-evolving company dedicated to creating and distributing engaging, extraordinary content, across multiple platforms. It is also to be part of a company investing in development and change, across a diverse portfolio – from the established print and website brands to new ventures including events and education.
The UK Editorial Operations Manager will support the Global Director of Editorial Operations in executing global editorial operations initiatives and overseeing operations (including content workflows, budgeting and contract negotiation) for UK and European editorial teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Global Director of Editorial Operations in rolling out all global operations initiatives, with focus UK and European teams
- Maintain the UK team’s digital editorial calendar and lineup, including print-to-web, site, social and video roll-out
- Oversee UK digital content production, including communication between editorial, art, photo and social teams
- Monitor UK digital writer output against internal KPIs or contractual requirements
- Work closely with DOO to support local UK and European print edition operations, including ensuring workflows are in place, deadlines and page budgets are met
- Track, maintain, and manage local UK content budgets; support European editions with tracking local content budgets
- Process local content invoices
- Negotiate UK content contracts in close consultation with Global Director of Editorial Operations; track European market contract status
- Liaise with UK sales and marketing teams on local content requests, track sold sponsorships and ensure all sponsored editorial content deliverables are met
- Work closely with European edition Content Leads to support sponsored content management
- Oversee local staff onboarding and ensure best practices are in place for European markets
- Manage local UK HR issues in collaboration with Content Lead
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated success managing editorial content budgets and workflow
- Strong time-management skills and organization expertise
- Skilled project manager who can work with multiple stakeholders to execute print and digital editorial-led initiatives
- Experience working in content management systems. Proficiency with AirTable, GSuite, InCopy/k4 a plus