Job Purpose & Overview
The celebrity content team produces engaging articles for our market leading portfolio of media brands including Woman, Woman’s Own, Woman’s Weekly and woman&home.
In this role you will be responsible for writing and editing celebrity content that will appear in across the digital and print channels of our portfolio of brands. You will join a team that fosters a culture of ideas generation and pitching.
You'll identify trends and timely news/feature/shoot ideas relevant to each brand and create social media content to build brand awareness
- Support the Celebrity Content Director to create content for a portfolio of magazines and websites
- Produce content aimed at print and digital channels, in response to commissions received from the Celebrity Content Director
- Propose original and creative ideas for content
- Attend launches, round tables, parties and red carpet events when it is safe to do so
- Improve, optimise and edit the content continuously based on rankings analysis to ensure maximum visibility
- Relentlessly pursue growth in audience for pages and rises in those rankings
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes
- Expert knowledge of UK and US celebrities, particularly British daytime TV stars and actors
- Excellent celebrity and TV contacts you can call on to bring in exclusive stories and interviews
- Knowledge of writing for print and for the web
- First-rate SEO expertise and be able to apply it to our content
- Exceptional editing and writing skills – a natural copy writer, from the ability to write snappy headlines to tight grammar control, through to the ability to choose just the right image to draw people in.
- A great communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team – to enable you both to sell the brand to the industry but also extract the knowledge we already have in the business and apply it.
- Creative thinker
- Up to speed with defamation and libel law
- Self-motivation. A combination of remote working and high expectations mean that you’ll need to drive yourself forward a lot.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.