Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
We are passionate about our people, products and customers and our values are at the heart of our business; they define us, and they are how we conduct ourselves both as a company and as individuals.
Our values are summed up as; integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust, good judgement, passion for our work, curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If these are aligned with your values, then keep reading.
Overview of the Senior reporter role
Incisive Media’s flagship publication Investment Week is looking for a hardworking reporter with at least two years of financial journalism experience to join its young and dynamic team.
Guided by the editor, as well as the title’s news editor and features editor, the senior reporter will work alongside colleagues to break news, keep abreast with industry movements and create content for our email alerts, which are typically sent out three times per day.
Investment Week also has a weekly magazine, which the senior reporter will contribute to. This will include writing features on industry themes, interviews with key figures in the asset management world, and data-led content.
- Permission to work in the UK
- A good degree or equivalent
- At least two years’ investment journalism experience
What we value
- Good experience of writing news, features, analysis and interviews
- Ability to write accurate copy to a high standard
- Initiative to develop the role and help broaden and deepen our news coverage
- Proven track record of seeking out off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team and help junior journalists
- Experience of meeting short and long-term deadlines
- Strong knowledge of the asset management industry
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Remote working
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Voluntary Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted Gym rates
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, season ticket loans, buy holiday, and many more!