The Wall Street Journal is looking for a senior video journalist to produce clear and compelling news and explainer videos and current features as part of an international team in London. You will pitch story ideas and deliver topical, news-driven, in-depth videos, with a focus on WSJ's core coverage areas.
This role requires exceptional story development, shooting and editing skills and a proven track record of using footage and motion graphics to create visually rich videos that make sense of complicated topics. Creativity, solid journalistic judgment, a keen news interest and the ability to produce premium content on deadline also are critical for this job. You will be tapped to juggle different tasks and projects as news events require.
You will report to the Executive Producer, International. While you will likely start the job working remotely, you will eventually be based in our London office.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the requirements, along with links to relevant videos.
- Pitch, research, report and script current features and news and explainer videos
- Tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video, graphics and props
- Ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
- Partner with colleagues across the newsroom to identify opportunities to produce visually distinctive videos across platforms
- Shoot videos in the studio and in the field, produce motion graphics and edit
- Handle the production process from start to finish to ensure timely delivery under tight deadlines
- Manage multiple projects in different stages of production
- Be able to work late hours or weekends as news developments warrant
- At least five years of experience producing informational videos, preferably in a daily news environment at a global news organization
- A deep understanding of and an interest in The Wall Street Journal's core topic areas, as well as strong editorial judgment and broad knowledge of U.S. and international news
- The ability to work well across the newsroom and communicate with exceptional written and collaboration skills
- A professional-level understanding of Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS5, FS7 and A7S
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26785