As a global media and information services company, Dow Jones understands the importance of organizational alignment and collaboration across the organization. The Head of Operations will lead a team that helps shape and improve the systems and business processes that allow us to evolve. This role will work with cross-functional individuals and teams to identify opportunities and develop solutions, including but not limited to business processes, financials, reporting, and other solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead highly functional teams, work in a global environment across disparate groups, be able to produce thorough strategic plans, and have sound decision-making skills. The position will require the ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with geographically distributed teams.
Location: USA (Any of our offices or remote)
- Collaborate with the CXO in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in collaboration with the CXO
- Complement the skills of the CXO, working in tandem to bring the best leadership and execution
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth
- Oversee group operations, building a highly inclusive and collaborative culture, ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g., Product, Design, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal, etc.), partners/vendors and customers
- Assist executive team members in creating, growing, and building a world-class, industry-leading organization
- Establish policies that promote organizational culture and vision
- Spearhead major organizational change and strategic execution
- Foster collaboration among the executive team and all employees
- Implement enterprise-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves growth targets
- Advise on potential expansion activities including investments, acquisitions, partnerships, etc.
- Defining, implementing and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Developing and executing new growth directives
- Working with the human resources department to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
- Working with the human resources department to develop and implement staff evaluation parameters
- Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance
- Keeping track of the company's revenue margins and conduct budget reviews to maximize profits
- Managing procurement and resource allocation
- Masters degree preferred in management, operations, information systems, computer science, engineering , or other related disciplines.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role and capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the media industry.
- Motivated collaborator with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills to manage relationships.
- Strong customer delivery orientation and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving skills, decision-making ability, ability to take the initiative, and be assertive.
- Ability to lead and develop complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive and collaborative working style.
- A highly effective person who can inspire and motivate success in others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of news, operations, project management, technology, and finance.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers and businesses throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay-TV distribution in Australia.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: Strategy Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26871