As the Head of UX Architecture you will connect and guide the UX Architecture team, defining how customers interact with our brands across multiple channels and platforms, bringing your experience and expertise in usability, information design and information architecture to create holistic omni-channel and multi-brand experiences. You will also have a passion for user-centric design and the tools and processes that make it happen. The ideal candidate will have a passion for user-centric design and the tools and processes that make it happen.
Your expertise should bring an understanding of modular design and design systems to shape a scalable, sustainable approach that enables speed to market, evolution, and optimization.
This will be a highly collaborative role requiring partnerships with SMEs, Editorial, UX Design, Technology, Research, and Product.
The Head of UX Architecture will report directly to the SVP of Product & Customer Experience.
- Own UX Architecture across all platforms, combining industry best practices, industry standard methodologies, metrics, and analytics with your expertise.
- Take a hands on role in driving the conceptualization and momentum of our UX strategy
- Lead a team of UX Architects, creating a culture of expertise and collaboration
- Define the interaction models and standards used across our portfolio of brands
- Contribute to the definition of our core UX principles and ensure their implementation in our solutions and design system
- Evangelize the importance of modular design, own the interaction patterns in our design system and drive adoption of the design system
- Sett standards for process, communication and documentation on we analyse, optimize and communicate our users' interactions with our products
- Build a customer-centric culture through the use of methodologies including Design Thinking and Participatory Design.
- Ensure that solutions created by the UX Architecture team are holistic, creating an easily navigable ecosystem and opportunities for reuse whenever possible supported by a strong culture of Information Architecture and Information Design
- Optimize the architecture and organization of our digital products, partnering with domain area SMEs to identify opportunities for improvement
- Orchestrate the creation of navigational solutions that encourage site exploration and connect brands
- Ensure that solutions created by the UX Architecture team contribute to achieving business objectives
- Deliver experiences that meet editorial goals and that take into account editorial workload, dependencies, and sustainability.
- Create a collaborative relationship with our Customer Insights and UX Research teams, incorporating recommendations and analysis into the UX process, as well as longer term UX Research goals and UX Strategy
- In collaboration with the Accessibility lead, make sure that accessibility is a core part of our UX process
- Last but never least, serve as an advocate for our readers, keeping their needs at the heart of our digital solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in CX or UX, spanning strategy, research, and design
- Strong grasp of UI, HCI and UX principles
- Expertise in information architecture and information design as it pertains to usability on digital products
- Expertise in best practices for mobile, web-based and responsive design
- Experience creating creating cohesive experiences across multi-platforms
- Experience in the launch or replatforming of a large-scale publishing or CMS environment
- Experience in the design and usability of news, data-rich or financial services web and mobile solutions
- Experience defining and establishing a design system
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Expertise with Figma
- A portfolio that displays clear examples of strategic solutions
- A portfolio that showcases solutions that rely on metadata for informational organization, navigation and user pathing
- Experience managing and mentoring teams
- Great communication and presentation skills including the ability to speak to the specifics and benefits of the user-centered design process.
- Experience creating personalized experiences and experiences tailored for multiple types of users
- Familiarity with WCAG accessibility standards and compliance
- Knowledge of Services Design and Service Mapping
- Experience with Semantic Design
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26867