The Wall Street Journal is looking for a video journalist to join its news and specials unit.
Video journalists are responsible for producing topical and timely, news-focused videos. We're looking for someone with a professional background in video journalism and who demonstrates exceptional shooting and editing skills.
You will juggle many tasks and should be excited about covering the day's news events across a variety of coverage areas. The ability to react quickly is essential, as is the ability to add depth and context to a story while bringing challenging topics to life visually.
Please note, this is not an entry-level position and it is not a position producing documentaries. Because this is a role focused on producing timely news coverage, candidates need to show successful executions of projects that stand out in the 24/7 information cycle.
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to five videos that represent the type of work described.
While you may start this job remotely, you will eventually be based in our NYC office. You will report to the Senior Executive Producer, News and Specials.
- Researching, writing and producing timely news coverage and topical analysis on a daily basis
- Pitching new and original story ideas every day to ensure timely news coverage
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The Journal's deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video
- Coaching beat reporters and news editors in person and remotely to appear on camera or in voiceover
- Fact-checking scripts and ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as part of a regular rotation and as breaking news events may warrant
- Experience monitoring feeds and breaking news events
- Completing additional duties as assigned
- At least three years' experience working in a daily news environment
- Professional experience writing scripts for news stories under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling business, tech, politics and general news videos on deadline
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, economics, and a nose for news
- Skilled with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS5, FS7, C100 and C300
- Professional competency editing with Adobe Premiere
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 26999