Archant has embarked on a new digital newsroom structure, and we are looking for a digital specialist to lead a team of audience development managers to build on the success we are already seeing.
The chosen candidate will have a deep understanding of data and analytics and be comfortable in directing and supporting our journalists to write the appropriate content our readers are looking for.
You will be at the heart of shaping and executing the editorial strategy and will have a good understanding of digital distribution strategies and what content our most loyal audiences want to read.
You will lead a team of Audience Development Specialists and together you will communicate digital best practice with editorial staff, teaching them how to grow our online audiences using data and insight.
You will have plenty of innovative ideas on how we can broaden our reach and will be very comfortable making big, data-informed decisions.
Communication skills are key as we look to build an audience-aware content team across Archant’s news portfolio.
We're particularly interested in candidates with experience of building online audiences rooted in data and analytics in a regional or national newsroom.
- Work closely with editors to develop and execute editorial strategy - including editorial planning
- Work with the data and insight team to ensure the reporting needs of our newsrooms are met
- Deliver data quickly and in clear, digestible formats
- Be the primary trusted link between the content team and their access to audience measurement tools and data sets, supporting their ability to self-serve
- Regularly provide detailed reporting and deep-dive analysis for stakeholder consumption. The ability to adapt style, content and context to the appropriate audience is key
- Comfortable managing a range of activities, deadlines and stakeholders.
- Experience working with digital content and analytics
- Can demonstrate editorial news judgement and an understanding of our local news brands
- Proven ability to use data to inform decision making
- Knowledge of digital best practice, emergent tools and platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work within teams remotely or on-site
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and excellent stakeholder-management skills.
This is a full-time opportunity based in our offices in Norwich. The closing date for this opportunity is August 27th at 5pm.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary: Please indicate on application your salary requirements
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer workday
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click APPLY NOW and send your completed application including CV, covering letter and salary expectations.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.