A unique opportunity to join us at the award-winning publication The Morning Advertiser – the leading title for the pub and bar industry has arisen.
This is a coveted position for a news hound who will be tackling issues around legislation to telling publican’s stories and everything in between.
You will have a nose for news with great attention to detail, alongside the determination to bring our readers the most important and interesting information from the trade.
Reporters on The Morning Advertiser are also some of the first to experience new launches in the hospitality trade, and often travel the UK and Europe, tasting beers, wines, spirits and various cuisines as part of their role.
Each day is different; one day you can find yourself eating at a Michelin-starred pub or drinking cocktails in a swanky bar, while the next day you could be breaking news about the latest merger, acquisition or legal issue within the industry.
- Create content for www.morningadvertiser.co.uk
- Write features and content for The Morning Advertiser brands
- Present, film/record and edit videos and audio stories
- Use social media to engage with readers
- Attend key events away from the office
- Help to judge for the UK’s largest pub awards – The Great British Pub Awards and the Publican Awards
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A journalist with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Some previous journalism experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- A passion for delivering first-class content, both breaking news and long form articles
- The ability to represent the brand at in-house and external events, as well as networking
- Experience of using social media in a professional capacity is desirable
- Video shooting and editing skills, using Adobe Premiere Pro, are desirable
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
We’re all working remotely right now, but there’s scope for flexible working arrangements to continue. The head office is based near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 mins from Gatwick and its connections to London and the world.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click APPLY NOW and include:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge
We look forward to hearing from you.