Metro.co.uk is looking for a talented and experienced Deputy Head of Social to join their industry-leading social team.
- Manage Metro.co.uk’s social feeds - with a focus on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - and create engaging social posts for each platform
- Cover live events and big breaking news stories on social media
- Deputise for Head of Social, manage team and run social desk when required
- Help to implement and develop Metro.co.uk’s social media strategies for key campaigns and editorial events
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Spot and pitch stories with social media potential to section desks
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social best practices
- Prior newsroom experience is essential
- Must have experience using social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Must have good technical knowledge of social media outlets
- Experience with social media measurement platforms is desirable
- Must have the ability to gather information and create compelling digital content
- Must have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of Facebook guidelines and best practices
- Must work productively within a team environment
- Must have an understanding of media law and an understanding of copyright
- Must have strong communication and people skills
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification (highly desirable)
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out-of-hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please click APPLY NOW and send us an up-to-date CV and a cover letter.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.