Your new role
We are looking for an online editor and communications professional with at least 4 years’ experience writing about investments and/or pensions for a consumer audience.
Your role will be to create and manage engaging editorial content and messaging across our online publication channels. You will write stories, work with our research team to identify the latest insights we have to share, interview industry figures who can share useful insights on trending topics and generally create content which helps consumers to make better choices.
As part of our editorial marketing team, you will create content that is engaging, and audience focused, translating complex information into useful and interesting content for our readers. Content is our strong point, but we need to strategically integrate our content into a defined editorial framework to support our growth plans.
You will be leading this editorial process, providing copywriting across our content and consumer communications ecosystem.
You will have an innate love of storytelling and be creative and dynamic, identifying interesting angles and stories to serve up independent and actionable content which helps our readers in the no-nonsense style they have come to expect. Our content is often a bridge to action and so you will need to liaise with our research team to understand which topics and products we feel best placed to help consumers with – and so what content we need to create to help build a bridge between ‘Learn’ and ‘Do’.
You will be responsible for:
- Bringing together the stories that weave our research products, marketing campaigns and brand building initiatives into a consistent publication narrative.
- You will help us maintain and evolve this narrative as our audience grows and commercial breadth increases. This will be represented by how you manage the creation, positioning and rollout of weekly content articles and content campaigns across of our consumer channels.
- You will work alongside our in-house content producer, PR lead, marketing assistant and have access to specialist external designers and freelance writers where appropriate, to produce and deliver quarterly, monthly, weekly content calendar.
- Updating our online publication ecosystem to ensure our online content is topical, relevant, and meeting the needs of our retail consumer audience.
- Creating a content plan and managing delivery of all written content for our site – sustainable investing, robo advisers, financial advice, budgeting apps – these are just some of the things we cover – you will be the energy and lead behind our content plan
- Liaising with the CEO (our blog writer and content director) to agree the content plan and manage delivery of the same
This will suit a candidate with a background in journalism or experience with managing content for an online media publication or large comparison website. Financial experience is essential. Although great writing is our priority, you will need to know the difference between an IT and an OEIC and an ISA and a JISA.
- Understanding of the investment and/or consumer finance industry or comparison websites
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of website content management systems, email marketing.
- Experience in audience identification and analysis.
- Experience in integrating content led stories across marketing initiatives, campaigns, PR, social and product launches to tell a unified story at brand level.
- A strong understanding of visual storytelling and its uses in brand communications.
- An understanding of data analytics, user experience and accessibility in the context of effective digital communications.
- Experience of working under pressure, to tight deadlines and multiple demands.
The feel-good factor
Boring Money is an independent site with no axe to grind and no commercial agenda. You will have free rein to write honestly and freely about what you see, what you find interesting and what you like. We have a fresh honest style and you will not have to trot out any corporate gumpf. We encourage unique and interesting approaches and do not have complex sign-off protocols or stifling procedures.
We are growing. Fast. You will get involved in a scale-up and have the ability to help shape our development direction. You will also have the chance to make a difference and to tell the financial story in a better way than many do today, engaging a new audience who are looking for help. Help in an interesting and engaging language which resonates with their lives.