About the Team
A new standard for a new age of wellbeing, our new launch helps users live better, healthier, happier and longer lives. Whether they’re seeking to improve their cardiovascular fitness, switch to a healthier diet or something more ambitious, we’ll support them and their families every step of the way in realising their goals.
Our new site is for everyone, regardless of gender, age or fitness level and makes achieving the change users want easy through crystal-clear how to guides, product recommendations, mouthwatering recipes and inspiring case studies. It’s never been easier or more fun to be fit and well.
The editorial team is a small, friendly, hard-working and smart collective of passionate writers (4) who are hugely excited about working on a new brand and full of ambition.
This is an amazing opportunity to join Future’s new wellness brand as Editor, to lead a relatively new team to drive quality content and audience engagement by commissioning and creating fantastic content.
You’ll represent the brand not just to the audience but also to the industry, with a view to developing key commercial contacts that can directly lead to revenue.
You’ll report into the Managing Director but also work alongside stakeholders in Advertising, Creative Solutions, Ecommerce and Audience Development.
- Work with the Content Director to improve existing content with a view to improving rankings and optimising commercial performance
- Work with the Content Director to identify opportunities for further audience and revenue growth and implement plans to create that new content
- Curate the homepage
- Manage the editorial team on a day to day basis, ensuring that agreed content quotas and deadlines are met
- Ensure that content is true to the brand vision and voice
- Report on performance with Content Director/managing Director
- Work with the commercial teams to help conceptualize and deliver content campaigns
- Work the the audience development team to identify areas of ranking and traffic opportunity and create content to address those opportunities
- Work with the ecommerce team to identify areas where the site can drive further affiliate revenues and create content to address those opportunities
- Ambition and drive – we have ambitious goals for the year ahead and we’re looking for someone who shares those ambitions
- The ability to work across multiple content verticals, ensuring that each vertical meets its readers’ needs
- First-rate SEO expertise, which includes on-page SEO but also a familiarity with the wider SEO landscape
- Exceptional editing skills – from the ability to write snappy headlines to tight grammar control, through to the ability to choose just the right image to draw people in
- You’ll have a passion for the data side of web editing and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends
- A ruthless approach to success – you’ll be able to combine coming up with great ideas with a determined approach to ensure they are delivered
- A brilliant communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team
- Great contacts among writers and the industry
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.