We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate to join the Club Oenologique editorial team as a Digital Content Producer. If you’re detail-orientated, extremely organised, think outside the box, and have a keen interest in wine and/or spirits, we have the perfect role for you.
The IWSC is the go-to platform for having wines or spirits tasted and reviewed by leading decision-makers from both the off- and on-trade, as well as by key influencers. When the IWSC was established in 1969, under the name Club Oenologique, its ambition to bring the best-in-show to the attention of consumers and trade worldwide made it an industry pioneer.
Launched in November 2018, Club Oenologique is an upscale media brand dedicated to bringing together the very best in wine and spirits, gastronomy, travel and lifestyle. Its ambition is to become an authoritative voice in wine and spirit and all things around it, via its flagship magazine, website and events.
This content is a key arm of our marketing strategy, helping us reach thousands of readers on a regular basis via our Club Oenologique website, organic search and social media. You will have extensive experience of working in digital content development, social media and customer journeys. The successful candidate will use a content management system to create, upload, edit and publish content – including features written by freelancers – and ensure existing content is up-to-date and fully SEO-optimised. They will also help seek off-platform engagement with new and existing audiences.
Key responsibilities are:
- Manage the day-to-day production and processes of digital content for Club Oenologique.
- Maintain efficient and effective workflow to ensure that all content is produced and published on time.
- Write, edit, adapt and build content to ensure it is fully SEO-optimised and has the right tone of voice for our audience.
- Manage content updates across the site in response to customer behaviour and seasonal trends, ensuring updates are accurate and timely.
- Build weekly newsletter for Club Oenologique.
- Create, optimise and schedule social media content, including paid social posts for sponsored content.
- General social media account management and maintenance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across promotional content execution, to ensure we meet deadlines and clients’ expectations.
- Manage and optimise Club Oenologique content on existing and emerging third-party platforms including Apple News and Flipboard.
- Help monitor and analyse traffic performance, source and behaviour on Club Oenologique using Google Analytics, along with gathering statistics using social analytics tools to provide regular internal reports to the team.
- Help project manage end-to-end digital projects and website development.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Editor to generate ideas and find new talented freelance writers.
This is a job for you if you are/have:
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proven experience writing and creating content for digital audiences.
- Highly computer literate, with high level of accuracy, plus strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in using CMS tools and a knowledge of and passion for technology and digital.
- Knowledge and experience of web usability, readability, accessibility and content delivery using best practice and industry standard tools.
- A strong understanding of SEO.
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines, use initiative and perform under pressure
- At least three years of work experience in digital content production; ideally with a journalistic background or NCTJ/equivalent qualification.
- A keen interest in wine and spirits.
The Digital Content Producer role will be temporarily home-based. Please send a covering email, including your salary expectations, and CV.
The closing date for this vacancy will be Friday 17th September 2021. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to an interview and an offer may be made prior to the closing date.