Role: Features Editor
Brand: New Civil Engineer
Base Location: Shoreditch /Home
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
About us: emap part of Metropolis international group is a business-to-business media group with over 40 brands across various sectors.
Metropolis Group was established in 1994. We specialise in business and consumer media and discount programmes. We have offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Bolton, Dublin, and Chester. Our business consists of emap and Diamond Publishing Ltd.
About the role: We are seeking someone with previous features editor experience. Within this role you will support the brand’s digital and print commitments, as well as play a key role in hosting NCE’s podcast – The Engineers Collective – and chairing both physical and virtual events.
You will be reporting on major infrastructure projects in the UK and internationally and networking with industry leaders to deliver thought leadership and industry insight through interviews and profile articles. Your work will span from traditional print and digital only articles, through to putting forward and delivering ideas for NCE live, virtual, and bespoke awards and events.
About you: To be successful you will need an eagle eye for proof reading, and subbing copy with a high level of accuracy. You will have Ideas and vision to deliver topical, insightful, and informative content relevant to a demanding audience. With exceptional planning and organisational skills, with the ability to maintain the final content quality despite any difficulties during the editorial cycle.
- Taking a strategic, big-picture view of the magazine, ensuring a balance of technical, innovation and people-focused features.
- Planning, co-ordinating and updating a features pipeline to ensure timely delivery of content.
- Editing in-coming copy.
- Liaising with reporters and freelancers on photos and technical diagrams.
- Responsibility for submission for the final, fully complete feature to the chief sub-editor.
- Planning, preparing and hosting panel sessions at conferences.
- Introducing speakers and fielding Q and A sessions at both physical and virtual conferences.
- Acting as co-host on NCE bi-monthly podcast – The Engineers Collective
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice and salary expectations. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.