Tungsten Publishing is an independent B2B publishing house specialising in Print Media, Research, Multimedia, Digital Products and Events across a range of financial services topics. Publications include Global Custodian and The TRADE.
Global Custodian has been the authoritative editorial voice of the global securities services industry for over 30 years. The publication, with a circulation of over 20,000 industry professionals in 128 countries around the world, is defined by high-quality editorial, awards evenings and a series of annual surveys that have become benchmarks for the industry. During 2020, we also launched a suite of high-quality multimedia offerings including video series, podcasts and documentaries. Through digital, print, events and research, we are delighted to serve the securities services community with the most-trusted source of news, insights and data, leaning on both our rich history and innovative vision for the future of publishing.
Global Custodian is looking for a Deputy Editor to work across its print, digital, events and research products. Reporting into the Editor, the Deputy Editor will work on daily news content alongside the rest of the editorial team and contribute to multimedia content, publication strategy and represent the brand at both internal and external events. The ideal candidate will have at least some knowledge of the securities services space and its key players.
- Produce high quality print and online content including exclusive news and in-depth analysis across the custody and fund services space.
- Generate original news, feature and event ideas.
- Network within the securities services industry and represent the brand in the best way wherever possible.
- Have a commercial understanding of the publication and its projects
- Conduct video interviews (both editorial and sponsored) and take part in Podcast recordings.
- Take part in internal and external events (domestic and international), both attending and - where possible – speaking/moderating.
- Be a trusted point of contact for industry experts and press teams to trust with internal memos and exclusive stories.
- Proof the work of other editorial members of the team.
- Deputise for the editor when necessary – this would consist of working with commercial teams on projects, managing freelancers and responding to audience requests. In terms of print this may include working with the design team of magazine layout.
- Evaluate processes and strategies to grow the brand and respective products.
- Analyse in-house data to discover industry trends, and write research reports.
Requirements for the role
- An experienced journalist with a track record of producing high-quality features, analysis and news stories.
- The ability to put every news story into context for our subscription-based audience.
- Experience in moderating, chairing or hosting events, panels and digital productions.
- Knowledge of the securities services industry or at least some sectors of financial services.
- Creativity, accuracy and an understanding of media law when it comes to producing editorial work.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical
- Life Insurance
- 24 days holidays per year