The Wall Street Journal is looking for an editor to curate our native platforms-WSJ.com and the WSJ app-and to enhance the digital experience for our audience, with a focus on evening and weekend consumers. You will work evening hours Tuesday-Saturday.
You will set lineups and package stories, using news judgment, knowledge of audience data and awareness of the WSJ brand to make programming decisions. You will help execute the team's alert strategy and take a hands-on approach in crafting language for push notifications and email alerts.
Platform editors demonstrate sharp writing and strong editing skills, with the ability to balance the needs of breaking news and enterprise journalism with our subscribers in mind. The role requires speed and proficiency with digital publishing tools and a strong command of newsroom workflows.
We're looking for someone who will be an advocate for the needs of our native platforms with coverage chiefs and an evangelist for digital storytelling in the newsroom. You will be a key voice in product initiatives for digital platforms and editorial tools.
You will start this job remotely but eventually will be based in our New York office. You will report to the On-Platform Editor.
- Shape informative and engaging packages on digital home pages and within articles.
- Use superb news judgment to balance breaking news with enterprise and features journalism.
- Edit and write digital headlines, display text, photos, graphics, captions and alerts.
- Use audience data to inform curation and strategy decisions.
- Help troubleshoot digital publishing issues.
- 3+ years of experience working in a newsroom.
- Proven experience as a news editor, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Command of newsroom publishing tools, metadata and visual storytelling devices.
- Strong design and visual judgment to enhance digital storytelling packages.
- Familiarity with the Journal's brand, content offering and various digital/print platforms.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27122