Jam Press is looking for a talented and experienced journalist to cover shifts on the features desk.
The position will entail writing compelling articles for national newspapers, digital press, and women’s magazines, with a focus on real-life stories.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year's experience in writing features and excel at interviewing case studies, finding the best line for a story, and turning around engaging copy on a short deadline. You will be working with the News and Lifestyle Editor, as well as with the wider features team on stories ranging from health to dating, real-life to everything else.
This is a remote working opportunity so candidates must be self-motivated and able to manage their own workload, with guidance from editors. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year's experience in a features or real-life role, or similar
- Worked on a tabloid paper, women's magazine, or similar (preferred but not essential)
- NCTJ-qualified or equivalent
- A good eye for news lines and talking points
- Great interpersonal and case study liaison skills
- Be engaged with current news and able to pitch ideas and hook features to headlines
Day rate dependent on experience. To apply, send a CV, covering letter, and any relevant portfolio cuttings.