WE ARE IMMEDIATE
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business and we are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Publisher role is hands-on, working with the Commercial Director and broader teams to drive digital growth and deliver overall business goals. This role is a general role working across and co-ordinating all aspects of the digital business with an emphasis on subscriptions.
- Support the Commercial Director with the development of digital commercial initiatives with an emphasis on subscriptions and partnerships.
- Day-to-day management of key projects ensuring targets are hit, and deadlines are
- Work with content and commercial teams to develop partnerships and paid for marketing that extends reach, attracts new users and creates added value for existing users.
- Deliver performance tracking to agreed cycle and KPIs
- Maintain an excellent market understanding of the digital media, advertising and emerging technology landscapes
- Build effective and collaborative relationships within the wider team
- Help optimise ad performance in partnership with relevant teams.
- Work with the Commercial Director to plan investments and accelerate new revenue streams as they come online.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Knowledge and experience of subscriptions
- Strong in Project Management and exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong understanding of audience development channels
- Creative commercial thinking
- Ability to understand and co-ordinate the needs of multiple teams and stakeholders
- Understanding and appreciation of legacy and print businesses
- Highly numerate and competent working with financial models, reports and spreadsheets
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with analytics and performance tools such as Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and interest in history as a topic
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured, we’ll treat your information confidentially.