The award winning Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, The Trust, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and developers. The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, print, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more. This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position.
The Dow Jones stable of brands includes: The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, and more.
- Alongside an Art Director, the Designer will create beautiful and effective content and experiences that spark imaginations and influence the most influential audiences around the world.
- You will help brainstorm, design, build and execute innovative multi-platform native and branded experiences across Dow Jones properties and other platforms.
- You will collaborate with Art Directors, business stakeholders, editors, designers, producers and developers to define the UX/UI of these executions.
- You will be tasked with helping brands discover their story and leveraging the multimedia storytelling power of Dow Jones to create compelling custom content that informs, entertains and engages target audiences.
- Production: You will be tasked with sourcing stock imagery, creating digital ad units and social assets for custom campaigns.
- You are familiar with creating mood boards, storyboards, wireframes and mocks necessary to guide development of beautiful, original, and creative branded paid post experiences from concept to implementation.
- Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including the design and production of site layouts, marketing elements, rich media units, content treatments and user interface elements.
- You will have the ability to work well in collaborative environment with other designers, writers, developers and producers.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with Client Services/Sales/Strategy teams as well as other stakeholders to express cross-platform programs and experiences.
- You will work with web developers and production to ensure successful delivery of the final work product
- You will be confident and not afraid to contribute innovative ideas to shape effective ad experiences across digital, mobile, print and video platforms.
- BA/BFA in graphic design or digital media or relevant experience
- 2+ years of marketing / advertising / design experience
- Possess a love of color, typography and storytelling through infographics & data visualizations
- Self starter--ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- The ability to create something out of nothing and set the design direction when none is given.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC Suite & Microsoft Office fluency
- Understanding of cross-platform, responsive web design
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities
- Interests in advertising, marketing, media, social media and branding
- Eagerness to produce powerful campaigns and be part of a bigger team
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong conceptual skills and a good knowledge of the digital and print landscapes
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong portfolio showing previous visual and interaction design work
- Staying abreast of the evolving technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards and devices
- Fluency with Powerpoint and Keynote
- Knowledge of Ceros, WordPress, Sketch and different CMS platforms
- Experience creating wireframes, sketches, UI and final visual design for desktop, mobile and tablet (and all production methods associated with each)
- Video editing and/or motion graphics ability
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML and web typography
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27039