Tungsten Publishing is an independent B2B publishing house specialising in Print Media, Research, Multimedia, Digital Products and Events across a range of financial services topics. Publications include Global Custodian and The TRADE.
The TRADE delivers independent coverage and analysis of the world of global securities trading. Unrivalled in the breadth and depth of its reporting since its launch in 2004, The TRADE offers a daily news service and quarterly magazine for buy-side traders, providing detailed, up-to-the-minute reports on market structure, regulation and trade execution. In addition our annual awards night at The Savoy in London is a staple event for the industry and our range of multimedia products has grown to include webinars, podcasts and documentaries.
The TRADE is looking for an Editor to lead the brand’s print, digital, events and research offerings during an exciting time of growth for the publication. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the institutional trading landscape across multiple asset classes (specifically equities, but also fixed incomes, derivatives and cryptocurrency), regulation and market structure – most crucially in Europe and the US. They will also have contacts at the trading desks of asset managers and hedge funds, investment banks, sell-side brokers, regulators and FinTechs.
Reporting into the Editor will be two reporters and a multimedia editor. The editor will be responsible for curating an editorial strategy and representing the brand at internal and external events.
We are looking for someone with experience as an Editor within a B2B publication or senior editorial experience at a top tier publication.
This is a chance for someone to continue to accelerate The TRADE’s growth across multiple platforms and lead an agile and digitally-minded team as part of a publishing house that prioritises teamwork, culture and innovation above all else.
- Maintaining high editorial standards across all products under the brand, including print, digital, events and research.
- Creating an editorial strategy for all products
- Generating ideas for articles and features and producing high quality news and features
- Managing reporters and freelancers
- Having a commercial awareness on all products and strategies, working with sales teams
- Ensuring that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines
- Lead both internal events for The TRADE and represent the publication at external events and conferences
- Maintain relationships with the brand’s core audience
- Work with senior management on overall brand strategy
Qualifications and experience
- Editorial and sub-editing experience
- Familiarity with institutional trading landscape (preferred)
- A track record of breaking news stories and securing exclusives
- Comfortable with presenting, both in-person and through digital productions
- Management experience and the ability to help train junior editorial staff
- Experience in creating an editorial strategy in terms of news quality and quantity
- Understanding of media law
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical
- Life Insurance
- 24 days holidays per year
- Opportunity to travel for conferences (if guidelines allow)