PinkNews is the number one media brand for the global LGBT+ community, Generation Z and those who think like Generation Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire positive change and empower people to be themselves.
We are seeking a keen and social-media savvy content creator to step into the role of Junior Producer at PinkNews to pitch, script, film and edit exciting and original video social content across all of PinkNews platforms including Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
We are looking for a super creative individual, with a good understanding of digital video content and production. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a wealth of creative flair and enthusiasm — not only will you have the latest editing software skills, but you will know how to create exciting video content for our diverse and global audience.
- Pitch and script original story ideas to produce engage and exciting video and social content across all PinkNews platforms
- Film and edit original video content for a range of Snapchat specific shows — from PinkNews Main to Werkout, This Is Life and NowSlay, amongst others
- Film and edit original video content for other social media platforms, including but not limited to — TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Ensure content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Deliver original, high-quality and accurate multimedia content to tight deadlines
- Build a network of relationships with organisations, social media influencers and PRs
- Work with the wider team on an ad hoc basis to cover PinkNews events and other commercial projects
- An understanding of the Gen Z community and their interests including news, entertainment and lifestyle
- An understanding of the LGBT+ community
- Knowledge of PinkNews’ platforms, with a focus on Snapchat
- Knowledge of how online video works
- Creative approach to visual storytelling
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure
Skills and experience
- Proven track record in pitching, scripting ideas and video editing
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects skills (preferable)
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- From £24,000 DoE
- 30 days’ annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral Programme
- Great development opportunities
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.