United Kingdom and 1 more
(NB This role was formerly advertised as Maternity Cover, but is now permanent)
Digital Spy, the UK’s biggest TV and movies website, is looking for a TV Writer to help produce world-class features and interviews for a core part of the brand.You'll be working alongside the Deputy Editor, Acting TV Editor, and Acting Deputy TV Editor at Digital Spy to oversee the website's TV news, daily features, regular interviews, and video junkets, as well as promotion on social media.
If you're a great writer with SEO experience, who's obsessed with telly, and with extensive knowledge of everything from the primetime British dramas on BBC and ITV, to the latest big releases on Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, Sky, and beyond, then this is the opportunity for you.
Hearst is the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Digital Spy, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, and Country Living.
We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Pitching and writing two daily features on the latest TV releases, interviews, or news for the Digital Spy website, and Apple News+ magazine.
- Writing and updating key SEO content.
- Steering the news agenda for the site, with regular TV news sweeps, and selecting angles and headlines from the TV team's interviews.
- Interviewing talent via the phone, at video junkets, and in-person, as well as attending screenings, red carpet events, press conferences, and roundtables virtually and in person.
- Presenting video explainers for social media, as well as sharing your own content on social, and contributing to ongoing social media objectives for the website.
The ideal candidate will have one or two years of writing experience, either full-time, freelancing, or interning, for national digital entertainment publications, or news-based publications. Experience in writing for SEO is essential, as is an extensive knowledge of the UK television industry, as well as releases on the big streaming platforms. Previous interviewing experience is desirable, as well as knowledge of what makes a strong news angle.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well, including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.