Title: Senior Curator
Full time, permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
Tes, the world’s leading publication for schools, is seeking a senior content curator to work in its lively Content Curation team, the engine room of editorial.
The senior content curator will work on Tes in all its formats, including the website, the print magazine (plus its Scotland edition), social media and special projects. They will work in a team of content curators to ensure reader engagement and maximise editorial reach via all media. They will be working in a fast-paced environment to produce high-quality, enticing content, and will step up to deputise when the Head of Content Curation and Digital Development is away.
You will be asked to complete a subbing test at interview.
You are an ambitious sub-editor looking to step up to a more senior role. You probably work on a daily or weekly trade/B2B publication (or have done in the past). You will be an experienced print sub, able to whip up InDesign layouts with ease. You will also be well versed in digital, having edited and published stories via a CMS.
You will have a flair for headline and stand first writing and relish a creative challenge. However, please be aware that this role does not involve much writing. You will be a team player, approaching your work with pragmatism, a collaborative outlook, and a sense of humour. You’re a diplomat who will develop good relationships across departments.
You will have a proven ability to manage workload using your own initiative. You will be unflappable, organised, process-driven and able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
It goes without saying that you will have an impeccable grasp of English grammar.
What will make you successful in this role?
• Demonstrable experience as a sub-editor on a daily or weekly publication (trade/B2B experience preferred)
• Faultless spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Confident in using Adobe InDesign
• Experience of using a CMS
• Working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Experience/knowledge of the below are not essential but would be advantageous:
• A knowledge of or interest in the education sector
• Posting/managing social media on behalf of a brand
• Facebook Creator Studio
• Sprout Social
• Newsletter production/distribution
• Media law
• Data analytics/reporting
• Basic HTML/coding
What we offer?
• Flexible hybrid working
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 with opportunity to buy extra holiday
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Prestigious office with free soft and hot drinks and breakfast cereals and free fruit delivered weekly
• Access to a range of fantastic discounts and benefits via My Benefits World
• Free eye care cover
• Free Bupa Health cover, Life Assurance & Income Protection cover
• Discounted Dental Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme, salary sacrifice benefits such as technology and mobile phones
• Referral Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• EAP (Employee assistance programme)
• Paid for monthly nights out
• Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
• Various other benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing
Who are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.